Saturday, June 6, 2009

Today I reached my goal weight...which at times I felt was impossible.

Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.
Anonymous
Good Saturday Afternoon Sister W.W.F.F.,
To being with, I want to welcome someone new to our e-mailing group. We now have another Martha. So Martha, welcome and just remember on these e-mails, ''you take what you need and just leave the rest". ha.
To say this was an ordinary Saturday morning at Weight Watchers would be putting it really mildly. Some of you, I know are on vacation, and by the way Jana.....I'm still expecting those scantly dressed male dancers and balloons. :>) Jennifer D. I brought the scale for you today, and will bring it back next Saturday. Lisa B., Becky, Julie S. Betty M., Denise and Sharilyn, you all were missed today, AND, you missed the party.
Joan, yep, ME, I made it not only to my goal but actually 2 pounds below my goal. I have pictures here for you all to see, and have to say we are a really great looking group.
So now onto maintenance, a little scary, but you know what, I have enough W.W. Sisters' that I can lean on, that I know I'm going to do just fine. It's a brand new adventure, something I had dreamed of so many times and today it has become a reality. I feel quite humbled to say the least.
Thank you all so very much, those of you that have been there cheering me on each and every pound, and those of you, that are many miles away. You support and encouragement has helped me to get to this new place in my life. Thanks again.
Notes from today's meeting, in case you were not there.
With 66% of American adults overweight or obese, investing in a healthy lifestyle is a smart financial strategy that can yield a life time of benefits.
Things to do when heading out to the grocery store:
1. Make a list (and stick to it)
2. Think filling foods
3. Bring your own lunch
4. Buy in bulk
5. Raid the freezer or go for the canned goods.
6. Be a bean counter....eat your beans, filling food and lots of fiber.
7. DIY---for the life of me I have no clue what that one was.
8. Buy in season. Right now great time for fresh fruits and veggies.
9. Patrol your portions. Make sure you are listening for the ''sigh".
10.Clip Coupons. Great way to save on groceries, as well as trading coupons.
Change will come ONLY when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.
Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend and a great week.
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment