Monday, June 29, 2009

OBSTACLES. What are yours?

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Anonymous
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
We all have obstacles to fly up in out faces, things that throw us off track. It maybe a birthday party, right now it could be vacations or weddings, or dare I say....all three. Now, that is just mean when you have all of those things to deal with. If you do have all of these coming up, I hope the wedding is the first one due to we always want to look our best for that, and with birthdays and vacations, wellll, sometimes we feel that is when we can really ''let go."
It is fine to ''let ourselves go", but you also want to remember vacations can almost be like the months of Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas, and we all know how much damage we can do those three months. Just try and stay focused.
For the first time in my life I have finally realized just how hard I have worked to get this weight off, and I sure don't want to risk putting the weight back on. We all have seen and heard the statistics of "when a person loses weight they may keep it off at most five years." Right now five years sound good to me, but I think I can take it for the long haul, I think, no, I know if I stay focused, stay motivated, and keep going to my meetings, there is no reason at all I cannot, for once in my life find the true meaning of, ''lifetime member."
I want the feeling I have about myself to last forever, that feeling of accomplishment. There are so many of my Sister's not only here, but those that don't do Weight Watchers or any other plan, I want them to have this same feeling that nothing can stop us. Its being empowered as if no matter how big the challenge, or the obstacles we can either go over, around or right through the middle and come out on the other side just fine.
We all have different things that can and will throw us off track. The first part of last week for me it was the Vita Tops, deep dark chocolate chip. Sisters it was not a pretty sight at all. Good news is it happened in the beginning of the week, and I learned two things.
1. I still cannot be trusted when it comes to portion control on something like that.
2. I was able to re-group and still have a excellent week.
Maybe your obstacles come in the form of stress from work, personal stuff, maybe your having a health issue right now. There is always going to be something, but we can beat the obstacle instead of it beating us. We stand straight and tall, look it right in the eye and stare it down.
Wishing everyone a great day,
Hugs,
Joan....3rd row

No comments:

Post a Comment