Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Gotta Have a PLAN.

A good plan implemented today is better than a perfect plan implemented tomorrow.
General George S. Patton
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
Hope everyone had a good Monday, and I hope everyone was able to up the activity a bit more. I went for an extra walk yesterday morning. Had my cell phone with me so I did the ''walk and talk" thing.
What kind of plan do you have in place for today? For me being able to stay on track and stay focused has so much to do with planning. If I don't have my meals already planned either in my head or down on paper, then I am like a fish out of water. Setting myself up for a day of flopping around grabbing this and that stuffing my face, but never feeling satisfied.
Now I am not saying that on the days that I do have everything planned that the stuffing my face part does not happen. It does. Yesterday for some strange reason was one of those days. I had all my 35 bonus points, I had not only done the elliptical for 50 minutes yesterday morning, but I has also gone for another 30 minute walk. I am not sure what brought the grazing on, but I was a grazer yesterday. I did keep track of everything, I did dip into my 35 bonus points, but was miserable all day cause I just wanted to eat all day. I really don't like days like that.
I think one thing that was going on there, was I was tired. Being tired can get me into all kinds of trouble. So to make sure I do not have a repeat performance of yesterday I sat down last night and drew up my plan. Food is there, points are calculated and yes, I am off to the gym in a bit. So I have implemented my plan and even though it may not be a great one, it is a plan. A map if you will, to guide me back to making better choices. The food I ate yesterday was all healthy things, just way too much. I thought about our Lisa B. yesterday at one point when I was eating out of the grape tomato bowl that sets on our kitchen counter. I have heard Lisa B. say so many times, ''We don't have a weight problem due to eating too many vegetables", that always makes me smile. No, I don't think eating too many grape tomatoes is a bad thing, but to be honest, the acid in them has sure played a number on my mouth, ha. I over indulged on those and now have little ulcers in my mouth. I know what tomatoes can do to me, but it never stopped me. I also know what eating too much of the healthy foods can do to me as well, but that didn't stop me either. Live and Learn all over again.
Do you have a plan today? Or will you be flying by the seat of your pants?
Just a reminder of the exercise DVD/Video exchange. Bring any and all exercise tapes with your name on them so if someone borrows them they will know who they belong too. This is such a great way if someone has never tried one of the exercise video's to get a chance to do so.
Wishing everyone a great "PLANNED" day,
Hugs to all,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment