Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Goals

The goal you set must be challenging. At the same time, it should be realistic and attainable, not impossible to reach. It should be challenging enough to make you stretch, but not so far that you break.
Rick Hansen
Good Morning Sister W.W.F.F.,
First off I want to congratulate Sister Lisa (Love's wife) she did one of the exercise video's she took with here Saturday. What a great beginning to the week. Lisa T. YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Today we are going to talk about ''goals". Not long after I reached my goal weight someone close to me ask me, ''what made the difference this time? How did you reach your goal this time when always before you stopped way before you ever got close to your goal."
The difference (for me) was this time, I went to my doctor, we sat and talked, I still was going to have a lot of weight to lose, but this time I did not look at the big picture. I looked more at the ''snapshots". I began with just that very first week, I never looked any further beyond the first week. When I had that under my belt, then it was onto ''wonder can I make it the second week?" After the first two weeks is when I began to look at just losing 10 more pounds. I say 10 more pounds due to my first week of Weight Watchers I dropped 9 pound. So that is when I began looking at the ''snapshots'' of my weight loss journey. I knew I was not going to stick with it. Yes, I actually said that, ''I know this is just a fluke, and I'll stop way before I get too far down the road."
It has been different this time, and I think, no, I know its has been lots of different thing. Here are my top three reasons that I feel I have been able to reach my goal.
1. I came to Weight Watcher, ''kicking and screaming", but it was the best thing I have EVER done for myself. People that come just for the material you get at that first meeting and in their minds they have already decided, ''I can do this at home, and not have to pay the weekly fee." Trust me, that weekly fee, for me has been money well spent. You need that support, and as you all will agree our Saturday morning group is a very good reason to wake-up early and get there.
2. I set small goals. I stopped looking at how much weight I had to lose, but celebrated each and every ounce I did lose. With almost a 100 pounds to lose, when you really think about that, my first thought was always, ''that will never happen." That much weight to lose is very over whelming.
3. I got off my butt. I began to exercise. Oh it was so very hard at first. Years of being overweight, resulted in bad knees, worn out hips and a back that was not happy either. So trust me, my body parts were not happy at all.
I feel as if those three things are just part of what has gotten me where I am at this moment. Bet you have at least three things that have gotten you to where you are right now as well.
We all have set a goal of some kind. It may at this point have nothing to do with weight loss, but we have goals set and goals to achieve. BUT, are those goals realistic and attainable? Give it some thought.
Wishing Everyone a wonderful day, and try and stay COOL.
Hugs,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment