Friday, March 27, 2009

03-26-09...Choices

WE ARE THE CHOICES WE MAKE.
Good Morning My W.W.F.F.,
First off Lisa B. is going to be on vacation the next couple of week. Lisa have a great time and a safe trip.
Here we are Thursday already, hope the week has been going well for everyone. Hope everyone is gearing up for Saturday's weigh-in.
I had an interesting conservation with a lady the other day. She is a w.w. member as well, but just can't seem to get her head in the game. She told me she was on a plateau and the more questions I asked and the more she talked, I soon found out it is not a plateau, but really bad choices. There was not tracking of her food involved, by the time her meeting rolls around she knows she's gained, so she doesn't show up for the meetings.
We all have made bad choices from time to time, not just in food, but since this is my w.w. morning e-mail, today those bad choices will be about food. As we talked, I found out that this person was going to McDonald's buying two sausage biscuits and eating both of them at least twice a week, and going out eating several times a week, and not making good choices there either. Well this is not a plateau, it is pigging out and making bad choices.
I had to think back and I can remember when I told myself, ''oh its that darn plateau thing". No it was not the darn plateau thing, it was my elbow bending too much and my mouth flying open to insert Bob's Russell Stover's candy.
I'm not saying we can never eat out, I'm not even saying we can't have the sausage and biscuit, but control, in portion sizes, and making better food choices that is one of the many keys we have to use to be successful with our weight loss.
Wishing Everyone a day of making good food choices,
See U Lighter,
Joan 3rd. row

No comments:

Post a Comment