Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fw: Tuesday

 
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:25 AM
Subject: Tuesday

Good Morning Weight Watcher Friends,
 
Don't know if any of you have the little book that came out, I'm thinking last year, maybe the year before.  Weight Watchers ''SHOT IN THE ARM", by Sharon Lee Riguzzi. I love that little book and for the past month it has gotten me through a lot of days that I sssooo wanted to hit Bob's candy box.
 
Last night I was reading a section in it,and decided, ''hey, this is really good", so today, Sharon is writing the ''tidbit".  In fact her tidbit will probably make a lot more sense than mine does, lol lol.
 
Do one thing everyday that makes you happy.  So what's keeping us from accomplishing what we want to do?  Could it be lack of time, fear, lack of focus or and this is a biggie, belief in ourselves, oh and let us not forget this one, ''Negative Self-Talk.
O.K. Sharon has had the floor long enough. :>)
 
Negative self-talk was my favorite thing to do to myself.  Trust me I would never, ever allow anyone to talk to me the way I would talk to myself.  However, for me this begun at a very young age, and not wanting to be someone that blames her Mother, well, MOM was the one.  Of all the wonderful congratulations and high fives I received on Saturday and the entire weekend, the one that hit me the most profound was when I called my sister ,and not only did she tell me she was proud of me, BUT, she added, ''I knew Mom was wrong, I knew you could do this".  It was as if all the negative things that had ever been said to me were stripped away.
Now don't get me wrong, I loved my Mom, and she's been gone going on 5 years, BUT, with that being said, her voice was always in my head.  Guess what I don't hear her Negative Voice anymore.
 
Do something everyday that you enjoy.  With that being said, I'm off to the gym, I enjoy getting those activity points.

No comments:

Post a Comment