Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fw: Monday

 
 
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 5:36 AM
Subject: Monday

Good Morning W.W.F.F.
 
 
Someone asked me over the weekend, ''how come all of a sudden your really doing good on that Weight Watchers".  I didn't have to stop and think at all about the answer.  Why, am I doing so good.  I'M WORKING THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I did have to have a come to Jesus meeting with myself the beginning of the year, and had to finally face some things that I had known all alone, but had chosen to ignore. 
 
There are two things for me that were and still are very critical if I am to be successful on this journey. 
 The first one , I know I can never, ever have chocolate.  Now don't set there and go ''oh you poor thing".  I'm looking at it as if I have been announced cancer free.
   Chocolate , and food, is my drug, so had to come to terms with that ,and it was not easy.  But I did  ask myself, ''which do you want more, to be healthy or to indulge in that momentary enjoyment of sneaking into Bob's box of Russell Stover's after he has gone to bed.  There is something about sneak eating that is thrilling.  Like it does not count if you eat it in the dark and no one see you.  Only a true compulsive being can understand this.
 
The second thing, and this one was a no brainier for me.  I had to realize that I cannot have a day off.  Always before on Saturday after my weigh-in, I would already have a list of things in my head that I wanted to eat on Saturday and Sunday, oh yeah, and then Monday I'd be right back on track....NOT.....With me, if I let myself off the plan on Saturday and Sunday, trust me it would go into Monday through Thursday, and then on Friday,  I would begin to think, ''oh my Saturday is weigh-in day, and tomorrow is Saturday". 
 
For me I have to have the program at all times.  I so admire anyone that has the control to have just one or two pieces of candy, for me its the entire box or nothing.  So like I said, I have known this about myself forever, and to tell myself ''I can handle just a taste", setting myself up for a sure fall.
I also have such respect and admiration for those of you that can have the little extras on the weekends and get right back down to business on Monday.
 
We each have things that set us off, we know what those things are.  I also think maybe I've grown-up about my weight loss, I know now I can do it, and I have come to terms with my demons, BUT, that does not mean those little boogers are not just laying and waiting for me to have a lapse in memory.
 
Look for whatever it is that sets you off, and decide which is more important to you, the short satisfaction of whatever it is, or the reality of reaching your goal and working like HELL to stay there.
 
Wishing Everyone a wonderful Monday,
 
Joan, 3rd. Row

No comments:

Post a Comment