Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fw: Tuesday

 
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 4:25 AM
Subject: Tuesday

Move on.  It's just a chapter in the Past.  But don't close the book just turn the page.
 
Good Morning My W.W.F.F.,
 
The above quote is another one loaned to me by Rhonda, and it goes alone (I think) with yesterday's discussion.
 
I am sure all of us have had  things not to work out like we had wanted them to or even expected them to, but we don't necessarily stop, throw up our hands and say, ''I quit, I'm not going to do deal with this".
 
Yesterday I was on the phone with someone I have known for many years, and this person never had a weight problem until she hit her mid 40's.  To be honest she all but told me I was lying to her when I told her, ''I no longer weight over 200 pounds".  I even had to send her some pictures via the e-mail to convince her.  Of course the first thing she asked ''did you have the stomach by-pass", ''No, I have been doing Weight Watchers".
 
Her reply was, ''OH, I tried that for awhile".  I asked...''did you attend the meetings", ''Oh, No, I got the material and knew I could do it on my own".   Remember now, she left the door open and I walked in with my reply of, ''well gosh, how's that working for you"? 
Her next question for me was, ''how long has it taken you to get under 200 pounds"?  I told her, "I have been a work in progress, I'm going on 11 years, and this is my 4th year with Weight Watchers".   Her reply, bet you can guess....''OH MY GOD, THAT IS SUCH A LONG TIME".    My reply, ''In 1998, the last time you saw me, I was hitting the scale at a  whopping 327 pounds, as of this past Saturday I weight 193.4, I've lost 133.6 pounds gone, and how much did you say you weigh now"?  I explained to her that when I did join  Weight Watchers, I was down from 327 to 272 and 272 was my starting point with W.W.
This went on for awhile, and my Dear Bob knew that I was toying with this person, she happens to be one of those that not hearing from her is much better than hearing from her. ha.
 
As we all know there are something's in our past we will once in awhile go back and nudge to the surface, then there are those negative things such as this person that called out of the blue yesterday that are best to let that chapter go, turn the page and move on.   For me, I have chosen to move on.
 
Wishing everyone a great day,
SEE U LIGHTER IN A FEW DAYS,
Joan
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment