Monday, March 30, 2009

Don't be afraid...03-30-09

ONLY WHEN WE ARE NO LONGER AFRAID DO WE BEGIN TO LIVE
Dorothy Thompson, Journalist
Good Morning W.W.F.F.,
I trust everyone had a good weekend, even thought it was cold and dreary, AND the Cards lost the game yesterday, but all in all hope it was a good weekend.
Wanted to talk today about ''being afraid". I'm sure someone is either on vacation (hope your having fun Lisa B.) or this week is Spring Break for Jefferson County schools, so there maybe a trip or two involved there. We all seem to have this fear of ''oh no, not going to be where I can control what I put in my mouth". Well this is just not true, we are always in control of what we put in our mouths. The food may not be the healthiest there is, and I do understand that on occasion we are faced with that, BUT, go prepared.
1. Don't leave for a meal hungry.
2. If your on an outing, take some fruit, nuts something as not to be wanting to eat the napkins and menu when you do get to a place to eat.
3. Take a cooler along, have it packed with a bag of salad mix, throw in a bottle of low fat or fat free dressing, put some fruit in that cooler, and above all have plenty of stuff to drink.
When Bob and I do our little day trips this is what I do, that way we don't have to buy from the fast food places. I even make us turkey sandwiches.
There is no reason we have to fear going away from our comfort zone. I know I need to go down and visit my sister, here again one of the reasons I haven't is, she is a great cook and always has a wonderful dessert. It finally hit me when I read the quote. I don't have to be afraid, I don't have to eat the dessert, just like I DON'T have to eat Bob's Russell Stover's that is setting by his chair. We make the choice of what we put in our mouths.
A little fear is good, I do think it keeps us on track, but lets not turn into people that cannot enjoy an outing because we are afraid of what we may eat.
Be Strong & Live Long,
Wishing All a wonderful day,
Hugs,
Joan 3rd, row

2 comments: