Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fw: Saturday after the Weight Watcher's meeting.

 
Sent: Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:21 AM
Subject: Saturday after the Weight Watcher's meeting.

WE gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...We must do that which we think we cannot.   Eleanor Roosevelt
 
Good Morning my W.W.F.F.
 
To begin with Denise, it was so great meeting you today, and I just know you are going to join our group.  Your our kind of people, :>).
 
We have another week behind us.  I found the above quote and have to admit, I really never did think I'd even see the 200 pound mark, much less to actually be at 197.4.  I keep waiting for Toni to look up and say, ''gotcha ya", Toni, I just soon have the ''look".  :>)
 
I keep trying to get a better mental picture of myself, and I know my problem is I've never been what I'd call a ''normal" weight, but you what????  I am so willing to work on that.  I go back and look at pictures of myself when I weighed 327, and the pictures that have been taken in the past, going on 11 years, and THAT, is how I know I am getting there.  It's a mind thing.  I know there has been a lot of fear there of ''how will things be when I do get below 200 pounds".  Not really much difference, EXCEPT, the ''gnat in the swimming pool"  she actually thought her words could intimate me, not a chance. 
 
I think we all have traveled this journey and sat in meetings to know that WE DO NOT HAVE TO LISTEN TO NEGATIVE PEOPLE.  By the way, that means we DO NOT LISTEN TO IT WHEN IT COMES OUT OF OUR OWN MOUTHS.
 
My challenge this week for all of us, is each day, look at yourself in the mirror, and say one nice thing to YOU!
 
Great seeing everyone today,
Have a great weekend.
Joan from the 3rd row and 75.2 pounds lighter....:>)

No comments:

Post a Comment