Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fw: Friday.....

 
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 5:29 AM
Subject: Friday.....

Good Morning My W.W.F.'S  (Weight Watcher Friends)
 
We have today before our weigh in.  Hope everyone has had a good week and I also hope everyone, and I'm really saying this for myself more than anyone, remember that the scale is just ONE of the many tools we gage our success with.
 
I am really liking being able to try on the clothes that I bought after I began getting rid of all my stuff that was size 26-30.  The most of my stuff jeans and things are size 18, and now I'm beginning to swim in those when I put them on.  Love those N.S.V.  (NON SCALE VICTORIES)
 
I for one cannot allow myself to become a slave to that scale like I used to be.  If I was down some, then I got it in my head, ''oh good then I can have some of this or that", if I was up, well you guessed it, ''I would have some of this or that, well no a lot of this or that due to I was mad that the scale was not showing me a loss".  One day it came to me, ''there is enough in just everyday life to mess with me, now why on earth should I get on a little metal thing every morning and allow that to be the thing to begin my day, and to decide if my day was going to be ''oh, I feel good about Joan today", OR, ''well, that Joan, she's such a failure".  So the scale sets with cobwebs and dust bunnies on him/her.  I weigh in once a week and that is at our meeting.  It did take me a long time to get to that place in my life, but it was very liberating when I got that.
 
This week I have been trying the visualization thing Toni is always talking about, and as I've always told everyone, cannot visualize myself at a normal weight since I"ve never been there.  So this week, I have been closing my eyes and visualizing a number I want to see on the scale.  I'm not obsessing over this, but that is how I am trying to use the visualization tool.
 
Our thought for the day, which was given to me by Rhonda.  Thank you Rhonda.
 
To accomplish great things, WE must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
                                                                                       Anatole France
 
Wishing everyone a great day, and hope to see EVERYONE at Weight Watchers tomorrow.  I'm off to show those weights whose boss today, :>)
 
Hugs to all,
Joan
                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment